Thursday, October 29, 2009

Wind vs. Snow

My daughter, who lives near me, posted a blog on the wind they have been having. Since I am in Woodland Park/Colorado Springs, Colorado I have not had to endure that. Instead, we are having winter snowstorms and the like. But just to show that, even far away from home, I can still be affected, I offer this photograph of my truck, Truquita, which has been at my husband's disposal for ferrying my son around. He was driving in town and a limb blew off a tree and smashed the windshield. As you can see, it nearly punched a hole in the center of the windshield.

7 comments:

  1. OMG!!!! Did they have to get towed home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, he went ahead and picked Tristan up at Taco Bell, who had to sit in the back because of the glass. today the glass man was supposed to come and replace it.
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow....that's amazing..
    What kind of branch was it? I'm glad it didn't go through the windshield and hit Father...that would have been ba-ad

    ReplyDelete
  4. !!!!! makes the crack in the toyota look like a chipped fingernail! I am so glad he is ok! your poor truck, it was so new! of anyone that could have been driving (like me or tris) dad probably handled it best - I'd probably have survived the branch to drive into headlong into the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was feeling really proud of my lumpy orange socks till about 3 seconds ago, pattern? Awww.... It's soooooo CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was supposed to go under the BUNNY PHOTO. I severely distrust this whole internet thing >:(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Little pieces of glass keep popping up. The rear view mirror is still on order.

    ReplyDelete